Week of November 21 - 28
• Saturday, November 24 from 11 am to 2 pm: Santa & Mrs. Claus are coming to the town of Mars Hill Gazebo. Music by Bruce Lang. Face painting, toys, cookies, candy, music. Fun for all Ages. Bring Your Cameras & Holiday Spirit. Sponsored by: Town of Mars Hill, Papa Nick's, Baad Burrito, Wagon Wheel and Stack House
• Thursday, November 29 at 5:30 pm (4 pm tour precedes the talk): Rotary Club-sponsored Community Talk at the Mars Hill Library. The topic is the Anderson Rosenwald School in Mars Hill. The school is almost completely renovated and has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places. Space is limited so please call Sandy at 828 380-9146 or email madisonNCrotary@gmail.com to save a seat for the talk. For those interested in a tour of the school at 4pm at 225 Mt Olive Drive, Mars Hill, reservations are required for the 40 limited spots. For more information about the Rosenwald Schools, go to andersonrosenwaldschool.com
• Saturday, June 19 - December 30: The Rural Heritage Muserm at MHU opens a new exhibition, "A Cabinet of Curiosity". Otherwise, the museum is open daily, except Mondays, from 11 to 5 pm. Located in the Montague Hall and admission is free. Information at http://www.mhu.edu/museum or call 689-1400.
• Weekdays from 10am to 4pm, November 7 to December14: Weizenblatt Art Gallery in MHU's Moore Fine Arts Building located at 79 Cascade Street. New exhibit: "Night Wings" David Hopes is an award-winning poet, playwright, novelist, actor, singer, painter, and professor - not necessarily in that order. He works back and forth between the visual and oral, between narrative and mystical, to create different forms of art that are evocative and compelling. This exhibit, are experiments, often rough in appearance. Hopes combines canvas, plywood, drywall, scraps from torn-apart furniture, and whatever else is handy and appropriate, along with traditional acrylic and oil paints to create multi-layered images. Several works address themes from the Bible or mythology. Many use birds as symbols or metaphors. A reception with the artist will be held November 14, 6-8 p.m. Open to the Public. Free admission. Hours are Monday - Friday 10 – 4. More Information can be obtained by calling 828-689-1209. email@example.com
• Wednesday, November 7 til Christmas: Flow Gallery announces a new exhibit Adornaments starts this week till Christmas. Unique, handmade ornaments from numerous local artists. Next show is "Wild Awake: Small Spells". Opening reception is Dec 14th, 5:30 to 7:30. Flow is located at 14 South Main Street, in Historic downtown Marshall. 828-649-1686 www.flowmarshall.com
• Mondays from 7 to 9 pm: Open Mic Night at Stackhouse Restaurant, 37 S. Main Street, Mars Hill. 680-1213
• Wednesdays from 6:30 to 9:00 at Zuma. Open Mic with hosts Linda Jarvis and Jerry Burns.649-1617
• Thursdays at 7pm at Zuma, 7 N. Main St, downtown Marshall: FREE music with "Bluegrass Jam" featuring Bobby Hicks and friends 649-1617
• Thursdays From 8 to 10pm: Andy Buckner Live Music at Stackhouse, 37 S. Main Street, Mars Hill. 680-1213
• Fridays at 6:30pm at The Depot, 282 S. Main St, downtown Marshall: FREE traditional music and dancing.649-2332. (Closed 1st Friday of December)
• Saturday at 7:30: Rodeo at the Madison County Fairgrounds. $10 for tickets. No indoor rodeo as of right now. Contact 828-206-6969 for more information.
• Saturdays from 10 to 1 pm: Mars Hill Farmers and Artisan Market on College Street in Mars Hill. In November and December, the market will be open from 10 am to 1 pm. In the event of bad weather, the market will be in Spilman Hall on the quad. For more information: http://marshillmarket.org/
• Saturday, December 1 from 10 am to 3 pm: Christian Harmony Shaped Note Singing. Free and Open to the public. Held at the Marshall Presbyterian Church, 165 South Main Street, Marshall. D.O.G Bring a dish to share! For more information: 828 649-1301 or madisoncountyarts.com
• Saturday, December 1 from 3 pm to 6 pm: Come celebrate The Spirit of Christmas in The Town of Hot Springs, NC. We start the celebration off with our small town Christmas parade at 3:00 pm. Find your seat downtown and help usher in the reason for the season with marching bands, floats, police cars, fire trucks, hopefully the Grinch, festive decorations and fun for the whole family. Don't forget about Santa with Mrs. Claus. Following the parade there will be live music, local market vendors as well as arts and crafts that will surround the downtown area spreading wonderful Christmas cheer as we await the lighting ceremony. The countdown to the lighting will start @ 5:45 pm to light up the local shops and homes as well as our town tree and remembrance tree. Everyone will turn on the Christmas lights @ 6 pm for one big surge of power and watch beautiful colors fill the night sky with illumination to kick start the holidays!!! For more information: Facebook
• Saturday, December 1 from 11 am to 6 pm: Boxwood Wreath Making-holiday open house. Gather in Community at Bailey Mountain Base Camp and welcome in the Holiday Season with wreath-making, merriment, music, refreshments & more! 1680 East Fork Road, Marshall. Details on Facebook-Bailey Mountain Base Camp or text/call 828 417-5858. Suggested donation of $15. 10% of proceeds go to benefit Bailey Mountain Park and Richard L. Hoffman Foundation
• Saturday, December 1 at 3 pm: Bailey Mountain Cloggers To Hold Christmas Performance and Silent Auction. Fresh off their 27th national championship, Mars Hill University's Bailey Mountain Cloggers are preparing for their annual Christmas performance and silent auction. The dance troupe will take over Moore Auditorium for the events on Saturday, December 1, 2018. The auction begins at 3 p.m. and the performance at 5 p.m. Tickets for the performance are $5, with proceeds going to help cover costs of the cloggers' summer 2019 international tour.The auction will feature items ranging from local crafts and food, to vacations, spa visits, and more. During the 3-5 p.m. auction time, kids and kids-at-heart will have the opportunity to have photos made with Santa and to make ornament crafts with the cloggers. The Christmas dance performance at 5 p.m. will include a "chili and mac 'n' cheese" cook-off. For more information about the Christmas performance and auction, or about the Bailey Mountain Cloggers, contact Danielle Buice Plimpton, managing director, at (828) 689-1113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saturday, December 8 at 11 am: Marshall Holiday Parade, 11 am
• Saturday, December 14 from 5 to 9 pm: Jingle Mingle on Main Street in Marshall
• Friday, December 14 from 4 to 9 pm: The Madison County Arts Council Annual Holiday Sale "Jingle Mingle" Sale. Pop-Up Shop location: 62 South Main Street in the Heart of Downtown Marshall (formly Wells Fargo bank). For more info: 828 649-1301 or madisoncounty arts.com
• Saturday, December 15 from 10 am to 3 pm: The Madison County Arts Council Annual Holiday Sale "Mega-Market Sale" Pop-Up Shop location: 62 South Main Street in the Heart of Downtown Marshall (formly Wells Fargo bank). For more info: 828 649-1301 or madisoncounty arts.com
Contact us to learn more about the wide variety of experiences available in our beautiful county
by emailing email@example.com
Provided by: Madison County Tourism Development Authority and Madison County Visitor Center