What To Bring / Waiver
Thanks for choosing Blue Heron Whitewater!
Here is some helpful information for planning your trip. Please share this with each participant in your group.
- Please be sure you know the date and time of your trip, as well the name the reservation is under. Please arrive 30 minutes before you trip time.
- Trips go rain or shine! Splash jackets, splash pants, and wetsuits are available for cool or wet days.
- In the spring and fall, fleece tops, wetsuits and splash pants are also available.
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting wet. Shorts and t-shirts are suitable during the warmer summer months.
- Wear shoes that will stay on your feet! Please, no flip flops.
- You’ll probably want to bring a change of clothes and a towel for after your trip.
- In the spring and fall, you will want some extra layers. Fleece jackets or pants, long underwear, and a wool or fleece hat work well. Cotton will not keep you warm when it gets wet so it is not appropriate for river wear.
- Bring items which might be needed for medical considerations. Some examples are Epi-pens for known bee sting or food allergies, inhalers for asthma, and extra food for someone living with diabetes. If your trip includes lunch, please let us know if you have special dietary needs.
- Rafting is a participation sport. Participants should be reasonably fit, and in good health.
- A signed Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability will be required for each participant. Each child under 18 years is required to have a parent, guardian, or chaperone sign for the minor. Each child over 14 years and under 18 years will be required to sign the Assumption of Risk portion of his/her waiver, in addition to the responsible adult’s signature. It is helpful to print the form out ahead of time and bring it with you.
- Anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted on the rafting trip. No refund will be offered.
- We have waterproof cameras, sunscreen, eyeglass retainers, t-shirts, inexpensive river shoes, snacks and drinks available in our store.
- You will also be able to look at and purchase photo cd's of your trip. If you would like a group photo please let us know and we’ll do our best to make it happen.